Contextual action menu
The contextual action menu only appears once you have selected one or more assets by clicking their checkbox, and only reveals actions appropriate for the assets selected. The actions are:
Download: axle will open a pop-up window where you can choose the preferred format in which you want to download the file.
- The first option is to download the file in the format
currently defined within axle. The file will appear in the
Downloads folder linked with the browser you are currently
- The second option is to download the selected file compressed
into a zip file. The zip file will appear in the Downloads folder
linked with the browser you are currently using.
- The third option is to download the selected file in a native mac format. The file will appear in the Downloads folder linked with the browser you are currently using.
If you chose to download multiple files, you will only have the option to download as a zip file or as native mac files. You can also choose to download the original, hi-res file from your storage (if the catalog is available), or the low-res proxy that axle created.
Regenerate proxy: The regenerate proxy action is used to re-create the low-res proxy of the asset currently selected. Once you select the action, the current proxy is deleted and the proxy generation request is added to the current queue. You can also use this option to regenerate the low-res proxies for a folder's contents.
- Rename: Opens a window that allows you to rename the selected file. This will apply to the original file on your storage, as well. If you have more than one asset selected, this action will not appear.
The paste command is in the action menu
- Copy: Copies the selected assets to the axle clipboard for pasting elsewhere.
- Share: The share option generates a link which allows recipients to access axle as a guest user that can only see the files selected when you clicked share. You can enter the email addresses of recipients, as well as specify on what date within the next month your guests' access will expire. axle will only send an email to your recipients if you have configured an email address for axle in the advanced admin page. after pressing save, axle will show you your link, so you can distribute it yourself.
Add to bin: Click a bin to add the currently selected files to that bin as subclips.
If you don't have any bins, you will have to create one before bins become available to select.